Crooked, chipped, decolorized teeth and gaps are some of the problems for which patients might request veneers from their dentists. A veneer can help with teeth color, shape, and size among other general appearances. Wondering if veneers worth it? Dentists from a dental practice near Sylvania, NSW explain the pros and cons of dental veneers so it is up to you to decide.
There are several types of veneers on the market. Porcelain veneers, composite veneers, instant veneers, and removable veneers.
Pros of veneers
• Provide a natural look to your affected tooth
• They can resist stain thus you will never find them decolorized
• Veneers will be attached to the enamel of your teeth and also help to protect the tooth enamel
• They can last for a period of 10 to 20 years before needing any replacing
• Deliver an instant result provided you follow your dentist’s instructions
Cons of veneers
• The price which ranges between $1000 to $2000 is kind of expensive and many people may not be able to afford that cost. Because it’s a cosmetic surgery, there’s no medical insurance coverage that can pay for such services.
• They may get damaged. Because of their position in which they are located.
• They are very thin thus very sensitive and might get chipped or cracked easily. Also they do not cover the whole tooth just the front so this may be a problem when handling hot and cold drinks and food. If you tooth is decayed at the back, you will still feel pain whenever drink something cold or hot as veneers do not protect the whole tooth surface.
With the information above, someone may conclude that it’s not worth others may see it as worthy. It is up to your targets, your budget and your dentist’s suggestion to finally decide the treatment that better suits your needs.