Welcome to the world of tummy tucks! Looking beautiful, fit, and lean is every man and woman’s dream. Flaunting a flat tummy and wearing all the lovely clothes and getting tons of compliment are part of everyone’s desires. While eating healthy and working out are the options available which lead you in the path of having a flatter stomach, not all can go through this rigorous routine due to various reasons like that of having a hectic schedule or medical conditions, among others. To help those in need, medical science has the perfect solution for you, and that is to opt for plastic surgery like a full tummy tuck. There are other kinds of abdominoplasty or tummy tuck, so let’s find out the difference of mini tummy tuck vs full tummy tuck.
What is a tummy tuck?
A tummy tuck is a cosmetic surgery in which excess skin and fat are removed from the lower and middle abdomen resulting in tightening the muscles and fascia of the abdomen wall. It is also called abdominoplasty.
The world of tummy tucks can broadly be categorized into two types based on the degree of looseness of the muscles of the abdomen. They are a mini tummy tuck and a full tummy tuck.
There are notable major differences between a full tummy tuck and a mini tummy tuck. Let us throw some light on the difference between the two types of tummy tucks for a better understanding.
Understanding Mini tummy tuck vs full tummy tuck
Full Tummy tuck
• A bigger incision is made that extends from hip to hip.
• It is an elaborate cosmetic surgery with a longer recovery period, but its effect to your belly is also comprehensive.
• It is done on the entire length of the abdomen which is meant to address the lower as well as the middle abdomen fat and skin issue of looseness and excess belly fat and skin.
Mini Tummy Tuck
• A shorter incision is made that may be compare to a C-section scar or wound.
• It is comparatively less extensive, and it is preferred by patients who needed minimal reduction of fat and skin in their waistline.
• It is confined to the lower abdomen of the person. It doesn’t go beyond the belly button of the person.
Whether a person opts for a mini tummy tuck vs full tummy tuck would all depend on the condition of the sagging and excess fat and skin from the person’s body. If you are planning to go for a tummy tuck then we suggest that a professional cosmetic surgeon would be the correct person to approach. he is the only reliable person who will be able to guide and operate a tummy tuck based on your body’s requirement.